CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 14, 2019, 21:42:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  
Author Topic: Curved surface script  (Read 45660 times)
GeoffreyGRoy
Storm Trooper

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2014, 03:30:54 am »

Dear Ralf

If you use a PolyRectangle the steps are:

(1) create the rectangle
(2) explode it
(3) deselect it
(4) select one line only

then I think it will work.  If not, please give me some more details.

Geoff
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2014, 13:20:55 pm »

Hello  Wink,

As Ralf I can't works with the Line, I tried with a line from an exploded rectangle, and from an exploded polyline. Nothing happens or the plugin uses the previous values that remained in the boxes.

(with 'line' and in a 'first run' in a CB cession, the boxes stay empty)

++
David
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 13:22:53 pm by dh42 » Logged
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2014, 14:04:13 pm »

Re

I just found that the Surface Curved Radius has a problem.

Example: Radius 30, Target depth -20 -> the surface curve radius must be 56.569 and the calculation on the plugin give 32.50000 ... (and only .50000 is visible in the box the 2 first digits are hidden on french version ; I must copy/paste the field to see the full value)

If I try to enter data in the curved surface the 2 first digit entered are also not visible (the first 2 characters) but the calculation seems to be OK (result = 28.28427

The problem with the hidden digits appears only on the french version (and maybe other language); I think it's a problem with the label placement and also text alignment the label cover the field. (when text is at the left side of a field, the alignment of the text must be to the right)

I also add the French translation file.

++
David

* Sans titre-1.jpg (109.19 KB, 678x844 - viewed 465 times.)
* translate_fr.zip (52.88 KB - downloaded 194 times.)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 14:06:20 pm by dh42 » Logged
GeoffreyGRoy
Storm Trooper

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2014, 02:24:32 am »

Many thanks for the feedback, it helps to get things right Cool

I have added some extra space for the label for the "Surface radius" field, this should allow the French translation to fit without running into the text field.  There may be other labels like this, if you let me know I can try to accommodate. 

Otherwise, I think the text (number) fields are sufficiently wide to accommodate number values.  Please suggest improvements if required.

I think you will find the calculated surface radius is correct for a seed radius of 30, and a depth of 20 the surface radius is 32.5, this also matches the earlier provided Excel SS result.  Did I miss something?

I think I have discovered the bug with the "Lines" - a trap for beginners (it was OK in English, but not on other languages Huh).  Please try this new version out.

I have also fixed a small bug that allowed invalid surfaces types to be selected by default, if the current seed was different from the previous one.

Geoff

* CurvedSurfacePlugin-1.0.0.12.zip (678.55 KB - downloaded 566 times.)
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2014, 15:49:39 pm »

Hello,

I think I have discovered the bug with the "Lines" - a trap for beginners (it was OK in English, but not on other languages Huh).  Please try this new version out.

Ok that works Wink

I think you will find the calculated surface radius is correct for a seed radius of 30, and a depth of 20 the surface radius is 32.5, this also matches the earlier provided Excel SS result.  Did I miss something?

Yes it's OK, it's me that melt radius and diameter  Embarrassed  sorry ..

Good job .. (yesterday I fought two hours without success to make a very simple trick ... A doc of CamBam functions really miss ... it's like exploring a galaxy without map  Shocked )

++
David
GeoffreyGRoy
Storm Trooper

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2014, 00:07:19 am »

I am contemplating releasing the sources for my CurvedSurfacePlugin under the GNU LGPL.  I assume this will mean that it can be freely used without problems together with CamBam, and the the sources will be open for those interested to see some of the programming tricks (and identify any more bugs etc) and use for their own plugin development.

I would appreciate some feedback on whether this is the best or appropriate strategy for CamBam users.

I will proceed with the release if no more bugs are reported in a few days, or if there are no more suggestions for improvements.

thanks

Geoff
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2014, 00:10:26 am »

Geoff,
However you release it, thanks for the effort to-date.

The lesser gpl will work, yes.  We'd love to see what you've done.  "Tricks" are most appreciated here!

Lloyd

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"
GeoffreyGRoy
Storm Trooper

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2014, 03:49:12 am »

Dear All

I am now posting a new version of  my CurvedSurfacePlugin (as vers 1.0.1) as well as the sources for information, interest, etc  Wink.  There are no real changes, just the addition of the LGPL license information.  There will be some minor text message changes to reflect this, for translation purposes.

The sources are set out as a VS2010 project.  I have removed the Debug and Release folders to keep the size down.

I am quite happy to receive new suggestions for improvements and, of course, any bugs.

thanks

Geoff

* CurvedSurfacePlugin-1.0.1.0.zip (678.67 KB - downloaded 411 times.)
* CurvedSurfacePlugin-src-1.0.1.0.zip (38.82 KB - downloaded 250 times.)
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2014, 17:36:10 pm »

Hello,

Thanks for source file  Wink

++
David
GeoffreyGRoy
Storm Trooper

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2019, 06:45:29 am »

I have found a small bug in this plugin that appears when using Arc objects.  The direction of the Arc definition needs to be counter-clockwise.  The new version of the plugin (1.0.2) will automatically reverse the Arc direction if required.

Also, I have made a small improvement to the naming convention for the new layers that are created for each added surface.  Now, an increasing sequence number is added to the default name to avoid conflicts, if the user does not provide a unique name.

Geoff

* CurvedSurfacePlugin-1.0.2.0.zip (689.27 KB - downloaded 63 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  

Jump to: