CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 14, 2019, 00:11:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
  Print  
Author Topic: V-Engrave Plugin  (Read 131072 times)
pixelmaker
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: September 12, 2016, 10:32:35 am »

Yes David I see this after writing this answer.
Maybe it need to be compiled for framework 4.0
Is it possible to compile it for .NET 4 and .NET 3.5 ? Then we can work with P version and also with the dev version.
If I look for this error"there was an error reflecting type"  I get "XML Serialization issue"  and "Error reflecting type in XML generation".
This looks not like a .NET error

I work with the dev version  more and more. I work often with the splines.

ralf
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:26:22 am by pixelmaker » Logged
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: September 12, 2016, 14:14:19 pm »

Hello,

Hum, yes you are certainly right about the error.

I work often with the splines.

Yes, it's a nice new features Cool

++
David
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: September 12, 2016, 14:47:53 pm »

Re

I just see that on dev version, if the V-engrave is installed we can't load/save anything ; not only files that use v-engave.

I think it's an improper way to add a new machining operation to CB file in the V-engrave plugin, because if I uses a thread mop in the alpha version, it is recognised, loaded/saved  and it's also a plugin that adds a new kind of mop. (but it cause very strange things in CB with toolpath display)

++
David

EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 13, 2016, 21:21:34 pm »

Thanks for the testing and comments, now I'm fully refreshed from a mini break I'll have a play about to see what can be done.

Question - Is the dev version mature enough to start reworking plugins ?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 22:10:30 pm by EddyCurrent » Logged

Made in England
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: September 13, 2016, 22:31:22 pm »

Hello,

Question - Is the dev version mature enough to start reworking plugins ?

I think it is better to wait a little until the beta version is available, otherwise it may be work for nothing ; for now the dev version is only an alpha version; a lot of things can change until the beta version is ready.

++
David
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 21, 2016, 17:06:59 pm »

Please find version b0010 attached.

1. The 'About' box (Plugins->V-Engrave About) is now a form with a checkbox to enable/disable log trace messages.
    It defaults to messages disabled.

Hello,

On thing that would be fine, if it is possible to do, is that the 'tool angle' in the plugin reflect the tool angle of the selected tool in the tool library ; if I select a 60° tool in the tool number list, the 'tool angle' in the plugin always show 90°

++
David

Done

2. When a 'Tool Number' is selected, it's Vee Angle will automatically be inserted into 'Tool V-Angle'.
   If a tool is selected that does not have the Vee Angle parameter populated then 'Tool V-Angle' will go the the default value of 90.  

* VEngrave_Plugin_ b0010.zip (22.47 KB - downloaded 187 times.)
* v-engrave-plugin-b0010_source.zip (2985.2 KB - downloaded 144 times.)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 11:49:26 am by EddyCurrent » Logged

Made in England
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: September 25, 2016, 22:02:41 pm »

Hello,

Nice, seems to work well  Wink

++
David
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 15, 2016, 17:10:08 pm »

It look like "Resident guru's" will be needed to recompile Vengrave plugin for the new CB version..
CB v1 complains.. Please see attachment.

* Capture.JPG (18.19 KB, 542x119 - viewed 233 times.)

My 2¢
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 15, 2016, 17:26:01 pm »

Andy made the point that plugins will have to be re-compiled.

Lloyd

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: December 15, 2016, 17:31:55 pm »

Hello,

Yes, maybe just need to be recompiled with new dll and .net 4.0 (I hope for Eddy  Cheesy Cheesy)

there is a lot of other plugins that no longer works on V1.0 (or not totally works), like zoom toolbar, polygon ..

++
David
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 17:37:50 pm by dh42 » Logged
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 15, 2016, 17:44:39 pm »

"there is a lot of other plugins that no longer works on V1.0 (or not totally works), like zoom toolbar, polygon ..."
----
And others that have been rendered completely superfluous, like "print"!  Cheesy

Lloyd

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 15, 2016, 17:49:24 pm »

Agree,
I got this in yesterdays email from Andy.

"I forgot to put on the release email, that most plugins will need to be recompiled for the new release."

That's why I alerted 'Local Gurus' to aware of this.. Grin Grin

David, tested the 'Numerical Move' and 'Chamfer/Radius' plugins. Both seem to be working fine.

Was hoping the 'Dashed line plugin' created by Eddy would come to live.. No Joy.. Cry  

My 2¢
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 15, 2016, 17:55:21 pm »

"there is a lot of other plugins that no longer works on V1.0 (or not totally works), like zoom toolbar, polygon ..."
----
And others that have been rendered completely superfluous, like "print"!  Cheesy

Lloyd

Lloyd, But it served me and others well..
I still have plans for CB 9.8v, as long as lots of plugins won't work in new version CB.. So I may use the print plugin
thinking of man who created it..  Grin Embarrassed Cry, nah.. Grin Grin Cheesy Wink 

My 2¢
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: December 15, 2016, 18:09:00 pm »

Was hoping the 'Dashed line plugin' created by Eddy would come to live.. No Joy..

Lol, it's one of the first I test on V1.0  with no luck too.

David, tested the 'Numerical Move' and 'Chamfer/Radius' plugins. Both seem to be working fine.

For an unknown reason, it seems that all my plugins  are working on 1.0 (except 'arc center', but it's just a pb of menu item position and I can solve that easily)

I've an new idea to do dashed lines, but I want to finish the plugin I'm working on at the moment before to explore another way ..

I still have plans for CB 9.8v, as long as lots of plugins won't work in new version CB.. So I may use the print plugin

You can also swap from v0.9.8 to v1.0 depending of the job to do, so you can draw a spline on the 1.0, or digitize a picture (and transform to polylines) the copy/paste the objects to the 0.9.8 to do other job.

currently, I do not use the alpha version only, not because plugin pb, but because VBscript is not implemented and also because it has bug with copy/paste format.(2 things that I use a lot)

++
David
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 15, 2016, 19:13:01 pm »

Yep, Thanks for that David. I'm staying with 9.8 mainly because of the VEngrave plugin. I got few jobs that require the plugin to work right. One is the Inlay using V-Engrave plugin calculator  I got a couple of jobs lined for that and couple of signs, So, I use the VEngrave plugin quite bit.

I appreciate your effort toward the dashed lines plugin. There been couple of times where It would make life easier..

My 2¢
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
  Print  

Jump to: