CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 28, 2020, 16:47:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trim command [I] or [O] selection  (Read 1520 times)
macbob
Storm Trooper

View Profile WWW
« on: August 02, 2013, 16:27:38 pm »

When you use the Trim command, it first asks you to select all the elements to be trimmed, then it asks you to select the object that is to define the trimming boundary.  Finally, it asks whether the trimming is to delete the objects inside or outside
  • the boundary.

My problem is that I often select the objects and the trimming object by clicking on them in the object list panel on the left, since this is more reliable than trying to click on the outline of the object in the main display.  This appears to lose focus on the main display.  When I then attempt to answer the or
  • question, my typed character is ignored.  Even after I realize that nothing is happening, I may have to click the main display several times to get through that question, which usually gets there in the end, but is always unexpected when it works!

The or
  • question should just work, however I choose to select objects!  When I click the keyboard I or O key, that should be good enough.  Alternatively, there should be an "Inside" or "Outside" button for me to click.  Or both.  Keyboard input should never be ignored.
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 18:48:46 pm »

Hello,

For the selection of "o" or "i", or after selection of the source object, you must click with the middle button in the drawing area.

Andy, just for info, the "I" and "O" can't be translated, If I change the Keys, for example E instead O, it does not work.

If you use the trim function with an open line as a cutter, use "I" to cut the line (if O the object disappears). (The line is only broken at the intersection, not removed)

Between the selection of source objects and cutter objects, it work with the Enter key without clicking in the drawing area.

++
David
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: