CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2017, 16:17:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Speed & Feed Primer ~ Long & Boring & Essential  (Read 30736 times)
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2013, 15:05:22 pm »

Hello,

http://www.cambam.info/doc/dw/0.9.8/cam/SpeedsFeeds.htm

++
David
Bob La Londe
CNC Jedi

^ 8.5 pounds on my own hand poured bait.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 16:53:53 pm »

Ah, I see why not to use it just yet.  Its very simple.  No horsepower or deflection calculated, no material data, no accounting for cut type or cutter type, flute type, materials, coatings etc.  FS wizard is a much more filled out FS tool. 

Now that I have seen it I recall having seen it before. 

Getting started on CNC?  In or passing through my area?
If I have the time I'll be glad to show you a little in my shop. 

Some Stuff I Make with CamBam
http://www.CNCMOLDS.com
pstemari
Storm Trooper

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2013, 18:40:11 pm »

I've been using GWizard from cnccookbook.com.  It's not free, but pretty good at dealing with horsepower constraints, rigidity, and the tradeoff between cut depth, cut width, and feed speed.
Bob La Londe
CNC Jedi

^ 8.5 pounds on my own hand poured bait.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2013, 20:31:44 pm »

I actually bought G-Wizard, (excuse me a lifetime rental license) but accidentally wound up with the wrong software license.  Instead of trying to help me sort it out Mr Warfield was a total snob about it.  When I accidentally used the phrase "my software" he really seemed to get rude.  I removed "his software" from my computer, and contacted my credit card company.  I was one of his beta testers way back when.  He refunded my money and I will not waste my time again.  Sad, because I felt it was pretty good software. 

I do have a licensed copy of ME Consultant as well as the free version from Micahael Rainey.  ME Consultant is ok.  Even the free version.  Its just very conservative.  (Note:  The free version is no longer available from Michael, but it can be found on some software download sites.)

I will probably buy a copy of HSM Advisor sooner or later.  HSM Advisor and FS Wizard are opposite sides of the same coin.  FSWizard is web based and free to use, and HSM Advisor is standalone PC based but costs.  I have found that FS Wizard is quite good, but very aggressive.  If you put in all the setup data it asks for, use coolant or lubricant  when you should, and have a fairly rigid machine you can make all the cuts it calculates.  Its also got a pretty decent material database built in and calculates for different tools, geometry, coatings, and even machining types like milling, drilling, and turning. 

I've also found zero-divide (the author of FS Wizard and HSM Advisor) is quite easy to work with.  He also has a free and a paid version of FS Wizard for the Android Market.  When I am doing a quick simple job using the Mach 3 Wizards I'll often double check my numbers using the FS Wizard cell ap rather than walk in the office and use the CAD/CAM computer.  I've got 4 FS aps on my cell phone, but FS Wizard is the only one I use anymore. 

ALL OF THAT ASIDE:

What would be cool regardless of the tool is a direct interface from something like HSM Advisor to drop the numbers back into CamBam rather than manually entering them one at a time.  Caluclate a cut using all of your parameters, step over, DOC, stickout, etc, and then click OK to send all of the appropriate numbers to the MOP you are working on. 

Getting started on CNC?  In or passing through my area?
If I have the time I'll be glad to show you a little in my shop. 

Some Stuff I Make with CamBam
http://www.CNCMOLDS.com
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2014, 09:53:02 am »

New link for whitneytool, they changed it since the OP's link

https://www.whitneytool.com/SpeedAndFeedCalculator.aspx
Andrew587
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2015, 03:44:52 am »

Define a MOP and you'll find the calculator if you right-click on it.
I just learnt something. Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: