CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 14, 2019, 00:20:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CamBam plus 0.9.8N (latest stable release)  (Read 25984 times)
10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« on: May 21, 2013, 09:27:54 am »

CamBam version 0.9.8 rev N is now the official 'latest stable release'.
http://www.cambam.info/downloads/

As the download page mentions: If you are upgrading from an earlier release of 0.9.8 and have customised post processors, style or tool libraries, please ensure you have a backup copy of the CamBam system folder before installing this release.
The location of the CamBam system folder can be found from within CamBam by using the Tools - Browse system folder menu command.

A list of the changes in the 0.8.8N release can be found here:
http://www.cambam.info/doc/plus/WhatsNew.htm#n

Once again, we are hugely grateful for all the fantastic support, beta testing, suggestions and feedback we have received during the development version leading to this release.

If you experience any problems at all with this release, please let us know and we will aim to get these resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you and happy machining!

Regards

Andy Payne
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 14:50:23 pm »

'been using it for a while, Andy.

Thanks much for the good work.

Lloyd

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 20:11:51 pm »

Hello Andy,

Thanks for this new vintage Wink

++
David
robomax
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 14:16:31 pm »

Hi from a wintry South Africa. Thanks for the update. Im not a fundi but still having huge fun with Cambam.

Cheers

Max
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 16:05:42 pm »

Hello,

Maybe it's useful to remember that the CADextra plugin is no longer needed with version N (and don't work).

You can find the same functions in:

Edit/(fillet)
Edit/surfaces/....
Edit/transform/ (mirror)
Draw/more/ ....

++ Wink
David
sranta
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 00:34:44 am »

I'm finding that the "join" feature is no longer joining my geometry in 0.9.8N...no matter what the tolerance setting is.  I cannot join the lines in the attached DXF to create a continuous perimeter to route an outside profile against.

* Strut1.dxf (2.42 KB - downloaded 351 times.)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 00:38:30 am by sranta » Logged
blowlamp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 00:48:30 am »

If you expand Layer 0 you can see that there is two of each curve within your drawing. If you're just selecting all geometry (Ctrl A), then it's probably confusing CamBam when you convert to a polyline.

So select curves 1-8 in the geometry tree and join them. Now you get a polyline you can work with.

Martin.
sranta
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 00:23:12 am »

I'll check for the duplication of curves but I would still expect "join" to join the segments even if two segments were exactly on top of each other...i.e. just join them into a single segment.  I have exported the DXF from my CAD program like I usually do and did not have this problem with previous versions of Cambam.
blowlamp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 00:48:35 am »

I think CamBam is joining stacked lines together and that's why you don't get the perimeter that you're looking for, but isn't it more a question of why your CAD system is making two of everything?

Martin.
sranta
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 04:17:05 am »

Ok, I did make a mistake during DXF export of selecting two views of my shape (one was a orthogonal view and the other was a plane dissection, which happened to be one and the same set of lines) to export which duplicated all lines.  However, I recall that I did this in the past and instead of the result in 0.9.8N, I got a chained result (may of had two polylines but I can't recall.)
Anyhow, I exploded the shape and got rid of the line duplicates and rejoined the group and got the expected result.  
While I did not mean to output two copies of the same arcs and lines, I would have expected "join" to simplify duplicated lines/arcs to one single line, then join the ends that are within the tolerance.  The first pass of the join algorithm could look for line duplicates, delete one, then join the ends that are within tolerance.
Anyhow, while this simple shape was easy to fix, a different, more complex shape with one or more "accidental" line duplications (i.e. somehow drawn over each other twice) could take significant time and effort to debug and fix in cambam.  If the "join" algorithm first simplified the drawing by removing duplicates and then join the segments within tolerance, it would prevent the output I observed and make it easier on the user.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 04:18:42 am by sranta » Logged
blowlamp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 09:35:59 am »

See the attached file for how stacked polylines can be useful.

Martin.

* stackedpoly.cb (4.53 KB - downloaded 451 times.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: