CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 17, 2014, 01:52:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how can I  (Read 3277 times)
ugurtelefon
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2008, 13:33:28 pm »

hello
I come from to Turkey

thanx producer for CAMBAM at first
and apologize for my bad english Sad

install to cambam
I can  draw to 2D engraw and smooth ground,no problem.
but can't drawing to inclined ground.

how can I do??

anybody can to teach step by step,or to guide necessary link.
thanx for to aid

for EX.
I want to draw for green area

« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 13:47:30 pm by ugurtelefon » Logged
alpineboard
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 18:38:09 pm »

Hi, It looks like I am trying to do the same thing. My purpose is for wood cores for skis and snowboards. It seems like a strait forward example of using cad, although I am a new to this. My take on this would be draw the top view in xy, then draw/asign values to points along the top of xz, or input a fx/function(quadratic). Also I need to draw large arcs of 10 to 15 meters radius as well as blending arcs of two radi, say 14m in the front and 11m in the rear with the blend in the middle. I am going through the manual and have not seen anything that I can relate to this purpose, side profile? maybe? any help would be greatly appreciated. Robert
kvom
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 11:51:11 am »

That's a 3D surface.  While CB can mill 3D, it can't do 3D CAD.  You need a 3D CAD program that exports in STL format.
alpineboard
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 13:25:04 pm »

Hi, message received and understood, Now I will search for a 3D CAD to do this, hopefully on the affordable, any suggestions, as I am a newbie. Thank you for the prompt answer, you saved me  time.
blowlamp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 13:28:18 pm »

A few others and myself use ViaCAD with CamBam and it's a good combination.

http://www.csi-concepts.com/Demo/videos/snowboard.mp4

Martin.
alpineboard
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 15:22:01 pm »

Hi Martin,Thank you, That vid shows info in the area of making a mold for a snowboard press and how to draw a pic of the final product, the snowboard itself. However, when making a snowboard or ski, the first step is to make the woodcore which starts as a vertically laminated piece of wood approximately 3/4" thick and the base of which is flat. It is then profiled for its thickness (xz) at approx .070" at tip going to approx .400" at mid point and approx .070" at the tail. These slopes can be changed from concave to convex as well as fx(function/formulas) such as  quadratic equations. All depending on design related to riding styles,etc. Thus my first question would be, can I draw an arc referenced from the flat base of the woodcore and vary the slope in a controlled manner say by incremental points, by means of inputting data manually or via the entering of an equation? The next step would be to cut the top view (xy), so my next question would be, Can I draw large arcs of 10 meters to 15 meters with  a cord of 60" by the means of inputting a base dim or by inputting the radius dim? This would be the side cut of the ski. The woodcore then gets "laid up" with all the other layers(glass,carbon,base,epoxy) onto a cambered mold which adds the camber to the final product when put into a press and the epoxy dries. I am describing this so you will know the process, because sometimes things get lost in translation, from drawing to final product. Finally, I do realize that this is a big question, and that I am not asking you to do the work for me. What I am asking is for a path of guidance as I am new to this cad  and can spend time going in the wrong direction. Thank you , Robert
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 15:31:01 pm by alpineboard » Logged
blowlamp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 21:10:16 pm »

Robert.
I've done a video that expands a little on the other one I linked to.

You should be able to do the things you're after with ViaCAD, if you take the time to learn its ways and ask for help, both here and on its own forum when you do get stuck.

There's a section near the end of the video that shows a page or two from the manual of possible ways to enter data which you may find useful.

http://screencast.com/t/Sy5CxK4qXUqI

Martin.
Imagining
Storm Trooper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 22:26:14 pm »

A few others and myself use ViaCAD with CamBam and it's a good combination.

http://www.csi-concepts.com/Demo/videos/snowboard.mp4

Martin.

I am blown away ....  I use SketchUp, Alibre and Blender, and like all three, but I have never seen anything like that is shown in the demo.  That is good stuff.  The Gripper Tool really is intriguing.
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 23:09:06 pm »

After spending only a few days with the trial, I bought the ViaCad 7 Pro without reservations.

It does everything I need, and lots more than I'll ever challenge.  The price (which varies depending upon which on-line discounts you can track down) is very affordable.

Here's the very first 3D thingy I ever did.  It took about two days to learn all the features I needed.

This is a "fractal" burr, just for the sake of doing it.

It took me about a half hour to figure out how to turn the basic 3D into a photo-realistic version.

Lloyd

* photo render anodized aluminum.jpg (364.61 KB, 1200x857 - viewed 182 times.)

Automation Machine Design, LLC.
--
"Doing the impossible in pyro automation every day."
alpineboard
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 01:07:31 am »

Hi Martin, Wow, Thank you, for your time and skill. That is exactly it, viacad pro 7 is for me, I am looking right now, I saw a coupon earlier today. I will post  my progress here in the future, Thanks again, Robert
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 01:18:48 am by alpineboard » Logged
alpineboard
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 02:19:05 am »

Hi, viacad pro v7 downloaded. I put one on my 32 bit and one on my 64 bit laptop. 480 page manual to print at the university. R
dh42
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 12:59:19 pm »

Hello ugurtelefon

Maybe this video can give an answer to you problem without using other thing than CB

http://screencast.com/t/6eDkfUraxz

++
David

* 3dcurve.cb (23.09 KB - downloaded 48 times.)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 13:04:01 pm by dh42 » Logged
lazer
Storm Trooper

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 14:09:31 pm »

Hello Robert

Referring to viaCAD Pro.
Please you bought two registry a to PC and other for the laptop?
The serial number is the same?

I await response.
Armando

lazer = leisure -- Sorry my English
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: