CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 14, 2019, 21:41:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pricing currency?  (Read 3599 times)
Heliosphan
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2011, 02:38:59 am »

Hi
I am very interested in purchasing CamBam and a Mach3 license in one go, I'm just wondering why the purchase currency is in US dollars only?
I'm in the UK, and the conversion is aroundabouts £200 right now for the set apparently, but fluctuates all the time of course, in the last year alone from 1.53per£ to 1.67per£, and prior to 2009, a whole lot different!
Its all very strange (and, dare I say it, a little suspicious), seeing as HexRay is a UK company!
Thanks

Stuart
10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 11:44:25 am »

Hello Stuart,

I do apologise for the USD only pricing on the webshop.

The web shop software we use only supports one main currency.
Actually you can add as many currencies as you like, but payments will be taken using the 'main' currency only.
The problem is, the shop will report one set of currency conversions, but when PayPal processes a payment they use their own conversions (which are difficult to attain before the sale).

We did try running multiple currencies at one point (USD,GBP and EUR), but then needed to explain to people why the amount PayPal charged was different to the price reported on the shop.
As you mentioned, exchange rates have been considerably volatile and even in the space of 24hours this discrepancy could be quite considerable.

It has been (and still is) our intention to replace the current shop software with something more flexible, but up to now, our priority has been on improving CamBam and the user support side of things.

We are more than happy to take payments in Pounds, or Euros, but the payments for these need to be processed separately (by PayPal 'send money', Google checkout or direct bank transfer).

The current UK / EUR pricing is :
Package£GBP€EUR
CamBam£93€108
CamBam+Mach3£198€229
CamBam+CutViewer£185€214
CamBam+Mach3+CutViewer   £286€332

( UK / Euro pricing includes VAT )

To make use of this pricing, place an order through the webshop as usual, but in the 'Delivery notes or comments:' section, please add a note specifying the currency / payment method required.
Select 'Make Payment' to save the comments, but you can then close the PayPal login.

Once again, I am sorry for the inconvenience and I hope this information is helpful.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: