Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: styles  (Read 962 times)
radioman
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2011, 16:39:36 pm »

hi all

just a small problem....trying to syncronise my pc in the workshop with the pc in the study where i do my designing and i cant find the styles folder in the cam bam tree so i can copy the styles....there is a styles folder in the cam bam tree but it hasnt got any of my styles i have created in it! any idea's ?
dh42
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 18:48:38 pm »

Hello,

Use the menu Tools/browse system folder to find the Style folder and then copy all the style folder on your second PC (with same manner to find the system folder)

For convenient, you can copy all the system folder in another location (in a folder in your "my doc" for example) and then set this filepath in the tools/options "system path" parameter. More easy to find it to transfer data between the PC

You can also share this new system folder on the network if you have one.

++
David

* Sans titre-1.jpg (147.06 KB, 1024x734 - viewed 85 times.)
radioman
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 14:07:23 pm »

hi thanks for your reply..... a misunderstanding i think....i will explain more.........i want to copy the styles i have created to the pc in the workshop but when i look in the styles folder in the cam bam system folder on my hard drive i find that there are no files that i have saved.....for instance i have a file called sign-6mm in my styles folder and i use it a lot but when i use windows navigator to try to copy it fron the styles folder in the cam bam system tree....it isnt there and i have looked for it everywhere on the hard drive so it must be in another location and thats what i am trying to find.... i have searched in all the cam bam folders but no joy ....so i need help why cant i see it?
Chris.
dh42
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 14:24:55 pm »

Hello,

You don't see it in the Styles folder even if you use the Cambam menu Tools/browse system folder  ?

The name of the file IS NOT the name of the style but the name of the style library that contain it. If you ave not created a new library, your style is saved in the standard library. Standard-in if you use inch or Standard-mm if you use mm

You can explore the library file with the "notepad", it's a text file, and you certainly found a line like:

<CAMStyle Name="sign-6mm"> in the Standard-mm.xml file that define your style library.

++
David
Simon0362
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 10:44:47 am »

Hi Radioman,
I think I can see the question you are asking - in my case on my machine which had Win2k installed originally followed by a recent XP build, my styles libraries are located at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\CamBam plus 0.9.8\styles
The styles themselves are buried in the "standard-in" or "standard-mm" xml files.

On my second machine which had XP installed on it as an original build, the styles are located at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CamBam plus 0.9.8\styles

I checked the locations by setting up a 'dummy' style and looking to see if the style had been updated.

Hopefully this was the question you were asking!
Regards,
Simon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: