CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2019, 06:13:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CamBam plus 0.9.8L (latest stable release)  (Read 7056 times)
10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« on: November 24, 2011, 22:51:18 pm »

CamBam version 0.9.8 rev L is now the official 'latest stable release'.
http://www.cambam.info/downloads/

As the download page mentions: If you are upgrading from an earlier release of 0.9.8 and have customised post processors, style or tool libraries, please ensure you have a backup copy of the CamBam system folder before installing this release.
The location of the CamBam system folder can be found from within CamBam by using the Tools - Browse system folder menu command.

The main focus of the development versions released since the last stable release (0.9.8i), has been to refine the functionality introduced in 0.9.8, with a particular focus on improving reliability of the core routines, particular with 3D machining operations.

Adding language translation support has been another huge step forward for CamBam, with French, German and Portuguese (Brasileiro) languages now available.  A sincere thank you for David (dh42), Ralf (pixelmaker) and Armando (Lazer) for their superb, ground breaking work in making this happen.

Other languages have been automatically translated (thank you Google!), but if anyone would like to refine (or replace) these translations with a human touch we would love to hear from you!

Some other highlights in this release include:

* Much improved Gerber file handling
* More flexible post processor support
* Revised and extended documentation with printable PDF versions now available.

We would also like to extend our gratitude for all the fantastic support, testing suggestions and feedback we have received about the development versions that have lead to this release.

If you experience any problems at all with this release, please let us know and we will aim to get these resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you and happy machining!

Andy Payne

[10bulls]
Bob La Londe
CNC Jedi

^ 8.5 pounds on my own hand poured bait.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 16:52:35 pm »

CamBam version 0.9.8 rev L is now the official 'latest stable release'.
If you experience any problems at all with this release, please let us know and we will aim to get these resolved as soon as possible.

No kidding.  I was absolutely astounded with how quick you fixed the transformation problem I pointed out with drill mops. 

Now I just need to learn how to use all those other features you have added. 

Getting started on CNC?  In or passing through my area?
If I have the time I'll be glad to show you a little in my shop. 

Some Stuff I Make with CamBam
http://www.CNCMOLDS.com
FrankM
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 13:58:31 pm »

Andy ,
I could help with Spanish if you need me to.

Frank
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 20:23:14 pm »

Since there's no other place for this (like a "BS" thread Cheesy), I'll post it here.

For those of you who celebrate Christmas, and especially to Andy for what he's given us -- Merry Christmas!

For those of other persuasions or religions, please have a thankful, peaceful, and productive week!

Lloyd

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"
coolant slinger
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 01:36:21 am »

Thanks Andy for  adding show cut withs to lead in and lead outs. this comes in handy when checking clearance or interfearance between nested parts or features. Thanks for listening to your users.

Reguards,
Coolant Slinger

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: