CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2014, 19:54:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to draw wood cores for skis/snowboards, and need help please.  (Read 753 times)
alpineboard
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2011, 18:59:32 pm »

Hi all, I am going through the tutorials and manual and am not seeing anything applicable for my use. I have a xyz router table with mach3, first I need to draw the top view in xy,  with drawing large arcs from 10 meters to 15 meters radius with a cord of about 150cm. Secondly, I would like to blend 2 arcs, first 15m, second 12m, and blend them in the middle, thus a dual radius edge ski, if possible. I am also trying to draw the xz (side view) and input dimensions for the Z as a ski is thinner at the ends (3mm) and thicker in the middle (12mm). Any help would be greatly appreciated, Robert
alpineboard
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 21:46:21 pm »

Hi all, This is what I found from Turbo2ltr, 1) draw the z thickness in xy, select and convert to polyline and join 2)rt click new polyline, draw/surface/extrude 3)input extrusion height for max 4)input extrusion steps 5)rotate for view 6) transformation matrix to rotate 90 deg around x axis 7) this leaves upper surface a at 0, I will give it a try and see, Thanks, Robert
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: