CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2019, 10:07:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: CamBam plus beta 0.9.8K (development release)  (Read 24552 times)
10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« on: July 31, 2011, 18:18:10 pm »

The latest CamBam development release is now available to download here:

http://www.cambam.info/downloads/#devt

The main focus of this release has been language translations and documentation.
Thanks to a lot of hard work from David (dh42) and Ralph (pixelmaker), we now have translations of the CamBam user interface in place for French and German.  (As well as their excellent translations and improvements of the user documentation).

When starting CamBam, after installing CamBam 0.9.8k, you will be prompted for your preferred language.

At this time, only French and German translations have been translated by humans (So David and Ralph assure me!).

However, we now also have a system in place to produce automatic ‘Robot’ translations.  For the brave, curious, or those in need of a humorous diversion, a list of the languages that currently have automatic (and manual) translations is available on this page:
http://www.cambam.info/ref/ref.lang

If your preferred language is not currently available, please let us know as the automatic translations are reasonably easy to produce (although we make no promises as to the quality of the ‘robot’ translations).

If your preferred language is not available, or laughably auto-translated, and you would like to help us do something about this, then we would also be very grateful to hear from you!

There has also been a lot of work done to put a new documentation system in place.  The off and online help files have had a lot of revisions and extra content added to bring them up to date (much of the extra content was also based on David and Ralph’s hard work).

We appreciate there are some gaps in the current documentation, including more introductory 3D tutorials as well as plugin and scripting examples.  Thank you for your patience, and we intend to flex the new documentation system in these areas very soon.

The other two main key areas of development in this release are:

Improvements to the 3D operations.  Scanline finishing routines have undergone some fixes to avoid ‘Out of Memory’ errors, which has enabled support for finer finishing steopver and resolutions.

The Gerber file support has also had a lot of attention.  All aperture types (pads) are now handled, as well as subtraction layers.  However, Gerber files are very varied, so if you have files that are still not loading correctly, please let us know and we will work to accommodate these.

One area of concern the Gerber importer has highlighted is a need to improve the performance of the shape union routines.  If you experience Gerber files that take an excessive times to load, a number of new ‘system – configuration’ options have been added that may help.

Gerber - Flatten
   If True, flatten all layers to a single (unioned) layer.
Gerber - Subtract Layers
   If True, 'Clear' layers will be subtracted from previous layers.
Gerber - Union Layers
   If True, all shapes on each layer will be unioned together.
Gerber - Union Traces
   If True, each trace will be unioned together. If False the traces will be left as line and arc sections.
Gerber - Use Fast Offset
   If True, use 'open offset' on full trace path, which is faster but can cause problems with backtracks.

The default options will attempt to union, subtract and flatten all Gerber layers, which should provide track and pad outlines that are easy to work with and machine.  However, for complicated files, import may take considerable time and the following options may be considered:

Setting all these options to 'False', should be the fastest option, with even complicated files opening within a few seconds.  Although extra processing may be required to machine these files.

If all the option are false, except 'Gerber - Union Traces' = True, the import will take a little longer (maybe a few minutes for very complicated files), but the individual traces will be easier to work with.

I hope you enjoy working with this release, and a big thank you for all the bug reports, suggestions and testing that contributed to this release.  Thank you again to David and Ralph for all their hard work, and also a huge thank you to all the contributors on the CamBam forum who have been sharing their time, patience and experience with us and who have helped make the CamBam forum a fantastic resource for CamBam users and CNC enthusiasts.

Regards

Andy Payne
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 22:18:45 pm by 10bulls » Logged
10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 13:32:53 pm »

A revised 0.9.8k (rev2) release is now available to download:

Changes in this update:

. 'Português Brasileiro' support added.  Many thanks to Lazer!  Grin
. The setting active layer bug has been fixed.
. Optimisation Mode property now contains the correct information text.
. A cusp related toolpath bug has been fixed:
http://www.cambam.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1898
. A minor change when using the rotate edit mode:
When selecting the reference angle, pressing the middle mouse button will now use 0 degrees (+ve X axis) as the reference.

Many thanks to everyone for your testing, feedback and bug reports!
pixelmaker
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 14:43:09 pm »

Hello Andy,

the german language file the new k2 downloaded is only 5K and has only some small translations.
The last file (12.08.11) is attached.

This bug is still alive.
http://www.cambam.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1900.0

* translate_de.zip (40.08 KB - downloaded 245 times.)
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 16:54:43 pm »

Hello Andy and Ralf  Wink

I attach the latest translation file for French language too. (12/08/2011)

I try to change the text "Select reference angle" to add the middle mouse button new option in the description. The new French text won't change in the display it's the old text that is still displayed ?? (New text = Sélectionner l'angle de référence, ou bouton du milieu pour 0° aligné sur +X)

I found some windows with no entry for translation (look at picture)

Maybe some error in the section post pro of the English doc

In the green line.

Options - Arc Center Absolute
Options - Arc Center Incremental

they are in Gcode section, not in Options section

in the array of property

$endrewind :  Currently hard coded to: M30. 
$repeat : Currently hard coded to: M47
$stop: Currently hard coded to: M0

Sure that they are always hard coded ?

++
David

* translate_fr.zip (43.35 KB - downloaded 250 times.)

* Sans titre-1.jpg (60.26 KB, 453x482 - viewed 519 times.)
10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 12:30:20 pm »

A revised 0.9.8k (rev3) release is now available to download:

Changes in this update:

• Transformations on Drill operations now working.
  • Bug fix: Boundary bugs on 3D Mold operation.
  • Bug fix: Boundary rounding bug on scanline 3D.
  • Bug fix: Nesting bug on custom drill scripts.
  • Improvements to holding tab toolpaths on spiral lead moves.
  • Added 'Spiral Flat Base' option to drill operation to help with thread milling.
  • Show cut widths for spiral drill now shows spiral outline rather than filled circle.
  • Changes to post processor to aid laser/plasma support.
  • Engraving operation now uses tool vee angle and depth increment to determine max crossover distance.

Note: If you have downloaded a 'pre-release' version of K3 in the past few days, you should download the lastest installer again as there may have been some extra changes made.

As always, many thanks to everyone for your testing, feedback and bug reports.
10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 12:37:38 pm »

Maybe some error in the section post pro of the English doc

There were indeed.  I have fixed these in the documentation included with the latest k3 release.
The PDF documentation has also been amended.
Thank you very much for pointing these out.

I did not make any changes (yet) regarding the missing translations you pointed out.
A couple of these were in messages shown before there is a translation file present.
But I have flagged these for further action.
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 15:53:36 pm »

Hello Andy,

Thank for K3  Wink

The new translation file is in attachment.

About English doc:

section post-pro, Lathe – Lathe tool radius offset is missing (green lines)

section Transformation / apply transformation

error on menu name -> View - Apply Transformations in place of  Transform - Apply Transformations at the end of the page.

About soft translation:

Not found "bulge" in the translation list (polylines point list)

++
David

* translate_fr.rar (0 KB - downloaded 242 times.)
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 17:15:10 pm »

Hello Andy,

Quote from: dh42
I try to change the text "Select reference angle" to add the middle mouse button new option in the description. The new French text won't change in the display it's the old text that is still displayed ?? (New text = Sélectionner l'angle de référence, ou bouton du milieu pour 0° aligné sur +X)

Arggg !! sorry, I find it (more exactly, it's Ralf that find it) .. The entry exists twice, and I modify the wrong line  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Now that works ...

++
David

* Sans titre-1.jpg (177.67 KB, 726x698 - viewed 653 times.)
morfo
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 19:29:59 pm »

Hey, can I ask for a translation into Polish. The program is currently being tested by the Polish CNC hobbyists.
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 23:27:49 pm »

Hello morfo,

The tools used to do the translation are here

http://www.cambam.info/ref/plugin.translations

...and the availables translation files here ... but no Polish language for now ...

++
David
10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 09:03:37 am »

Hello Morfo,

I have generated an automatic Polish translation file, which is available here:
(and should also download automatically from CamBam when Polish is selected).

I hope you find this translation useful and would be interested to hear how sensible the automatic translations are.

Regards

Andy

morfo
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 19:09:52 pm »

Hello
Thank you for the translation. I test program for a long time. I must admit that for that price Cambe is my leader. As soon as my business will make money buy Camba. I miss only the speed of the more complex projects associated with stl files. Sorry for my English:) google_translator sometimes do not understand Polish sentence structure.
morfo
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 23:44:08 pm »

google_translator sometimes do not understand Polish sentence structure.
morfo
--------------

That's OK, Morfo... Imagine how confused we were when calculators came out with REVERSE Polish notation!  Grin

LLoyd

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 14:18:41 pm »

You want to elaborate on this LLoyd, the "REVERSE Polish notation!" escapes me... Embarrassed

My 2¢
Beermkr
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 16:01:28 pm »

It is a form of calculator entry. Easier to paste this than try top explain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_Polish_notation

basically instead of 3 + 4 it was 3 (Enter) 4 +

R/
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: