CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2014, 21:34:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please sticky a post regarding Machine setup for the non-CamBammers  (Read 1011 times)
CoreDeep
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2011, 01:09:07 am »

I'm to tired to go peckin through posts all day.  Feel a little moody too.  Allllll I want is information on how to configure camBam to work with Mach3 -- Step-By-Step

I've used another product and it had a beautiful interface (not that yours doesn't) but the application just didn't have the brains.  YOUR application is fantastic.  I'm using the trial right now and (not sure how I managed it --- considering I can't seem to get CB and my machine to agree atm) and I received nice beautifully fluid arcs, no chop, no thorns, no scuff and I'm sold.  So please ... I beg someone ... just sticky (and point me to it) a - you're an idiot this is what you do step by stepper.

And to limit the guess work you might call out where to look on the screen (toolbar (center) [file icon])

My spouses mom passed, and I'm trying to knock out a reverse object edger for the acrylic pieces I cut -- actually using CamBam.  Tickled with results.  But alas I didn't cut quite deeply enough (which is fine - IF) so now I need to flip the objects over, place them in the reverse holes I wish to machine on the table (special sheet I'm using for this), then edge the objects.  The CAD part I have down in my sleep.  The CAM part I even have down, but the little nuances remachine setup I'm still new with, as I seldom have to monkey with it.

So to sum up ... I need to set my post processor to match the same flavor of GCode as my mach3 setup.  I see a lot of people just throwing helpful pointers out like ... all you do is ... but no.  I need a step by step.

Thanks ...

... exhausted ...

Ms. Rouen Sterling  Undecided
CoreDeep
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 01:15:36 am »

Just went through a note from someone (in another off-topic-post) and they pretty much said something to the effect of ... "Just click the machine operation you want and bla bla bla ... " this ... simply isn't helpful to me.

I am so exhausted I forgot to mention I'm running a fresh install of CB BETA!  Could be a bad call ... but I appear to have no material definitions, and NO MACHINE definitions.  I could be wrong ... but dont think so.  Material def ... no problem ... added.  Machine def (hoping someone has already done this) ... as my cam machine and myself are in separate areas ... and it'll be a journey to stand on my head while typing.

Thanks. Cry
CoreDeep
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 02:48:00 am »

I've figured it out ... I'll post the how to step-by-step when I wake up.

But the long and short is define a machine under the [{System} > [System] > [Machine Definitions] > [Machines] > (in this case called it Sidewinder)]

Once defined right click it and set as active

then I went ahead and renamed the post processor Default to default.old
copied Mach3
pasted
and changed name to Default
then refreshed (rt. click) my [{System} > [System] > [Post Processor]] list,
and then reloaded (via (Tools {reload post processor}).

Once this was finished generate tool paths, then post g-code
c.sitas
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 02:58:46 am »

Hello Core Deep; On the upper left side of the window you'll see the setup list. Right  click on the word Machining. When you do you'll notice a window on your lower left. Go down the list and you'll come to post proscessors. On the right of that word is a little elipse button . Right click and you'll see all the post proscessors that are supported . Just make your pick and save it to your template so you don't have to do this everytime. Hope this helps.  c.sitas
c.sitas
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 03:01:34 am »

Hello Core Deep; I forgot to mention, Go www.cambam.info. All The how tos and vids are there. c.sitas
10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 14:13:33 pm »

Hello CoreDeep,

I'm sorry the information on this is not so clear.

I've attached a screenshot of where you can find the post processor setting.

The Machining.PostProcessor property is defined per each drawing.
As c.sitas suggests, you can make this the default for all new drawings using a drawing template.
I will try and put together a short video tutorial about setting up drawing templates.
There is some brief documentation about drawing templates on the post processor documentation page:
http://www.cambam.info/doc/dw/0.9.8/cam/PostProcessor.htm
But as with many things, it easier to see to done.

Your method of copying the Mach3 post processor to Default should work fine though.

Thank you for the heads up on this.

* postprocessor.png (32.56 KB, 922x709 - viewed 171 times.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: