CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 25, 2020, 08:58:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cut depth varies when I cut both parts in the same profile  (Read 1993 times)
Desertrunner
Wookie

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2010, 10:17:38 am »

If you look at the cut depths of these parts with each pass of the cutter the depth varies.  If I cut the parts seperatly the problem goes away.
Tony

* Brace plate Left & Right side.cb (26.53 KB - downloaded 124 times.)
Bench_Top_Precision
Storm Trooper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 10:35:54 am »

I can't explain it. Maybe it's a bug but if you spread them apart more the problem goes away. See file.

* Brace plate Left & Right side_FIX.cb (27.48 KB - downloaded 115 times.)

Desertrunner
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 11:27:39 am »

Your right and the cutter can overlap slightly and it doesn't cause the problem.
10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 12:42:58 pm »

The problem appears to lie in the new Experimental toolpath optimiser.
I seems like the constant spiral lead in has confused it here.

If the OptimisationMode is changed to Standard, the toolpath looks OK.

The toolpath optimiser is responsible for building the cut order from from a list of raw toolpaths.

OptimisationMode=None ouputs the toolpaths in the order they were created.

OptimisationMode=Standard uses the same code as 0.9.7 which in turn was developed on other versions going back a few years.  As such it has been very well tested.  However it can be rather slow for complex toolpaths.

OptimisationMode=Experimental was a new optimiser written from scratch for 0.9.8.  It should be a lot faster than Standard when generating toolpaths, especially for large files.  It also addresses a number of problems with the standard one and uses an internal model to determine toolpath dependencies which should improve complicated depth first 3d waterlining operations.

Thank you for pointing this problem out.  I will make sure it is fixed in the next 'H' release.

Desertrunner
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 18:11:37 pm »

It has to be a problem with the shape, I have tried it with rectangles and squares with 10mm cutter and moved them 10mm apart,  even added holding tabs and moved them around.  Still the problem I saw was not repeated.
As for a soluation I prefer the new way to cut its so much faster.  As a soluation I will just move the parts apart till the problem doesn't happen.
Have a great day.
Tony

* Test circles.cb (7.79 KB - downloaded 118 times.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: